corona renassaince faire-brewers guild

What's happening in the beer world and where.

Moderator: Post Moderators

nico soze

corona renassaince faire-brewers guild

Post by nico soze »

I've started something. John w and his lovely wife came out this last weekend, and I thought I'd open it up and invite the whole brew commune family. Kloster brau is the newest attraction at the koroneberg old world renaissance faire. Running from mother's day to fathers day, there's a permanent 16th century German village in corona. They have leased me a building to convert into a brewing Abbey. We did 15 gallons in 3 batches this last weekend, and were a big hit. There's only 6 brewers in our brewing guild, and.We're.looking.to.grow. Come out one of these weekends if you can, and bring the family. It's great fun for everyone. Check out what we got going on and see if you want to help out. We do one extract batch on Saturday, and a mead or cider on Sunday. (Well get into all grain once we get all the equipment looking good for show, no pumps, no plastic
http://www.renaissanceinfo.com/2015Koroneburg/
nico soze

Re: corona renassaince faire-brewers guild

Post by nico soze »

You can contact me if you'd like me to sneak in some of your homebrew or snacks in for you at thebeav421@gmail.com or find nico soze on Facebook
jward

Re: corona renassaince faire-brewers guild

Post by jward »

If anyone has a line on oak barrels please share. The barrels are only for show at the festival and need not be useful for holding liquid. They may get modified for dry storage. It seems like barrels that have reached the end of their useful like holding wine, spirits, or beer end up cut in half as flower pots or chips for smoking meat. Someone in the club said that barrels may go back to distillers after a brewer uses them or back to a cooper for reprocessing.