Mt Baden-Powell Hike, Saturday Sep 24 2016

What's happening in the beer world and where.

Moderator: Post Moderators

bwarbiany

Mt Baden-Powell Hike, Saturday Sep 24 2016

Post by bwarbiany »

Hey guys... A couple buddies and I are hiking Mt Baden-Powell on Sep 24. I know that a number of you are hikers, so I thought I'd see if anyone is interested in joining.

I haven't done this hike before, but here's some info below...

https://socalhiker.net/hiking-mt-baden-powell/

This should be a moderately difficult hike, due to the ~3000 ft of elevation gain. Luckily it appears to be all uphill on the way to the summit, and all downhill on the way back, so at least you get the pain out of the way up front.

If you're interested, let me know. We haven't put together a start time or logistics yet, but can be somewhat flexible.

And of course, there will likely be beer involved at the conclusion of the hike. Location TBD, but there will be beer :happybeer:
Brad
brahn
Site Admin

Re: Mt Baden-Powell Hike, Saturday Sep 24 2016

Post by brahn »

I would like to do Baden-Powell at some point, I've never been. I think that's the weekend I'm planning on doing a multi-day San Gorgonio trip, so I don't think that will work for me.
bwarbiany

Post by bwarbiany »

brahn wrote:I would like to do Baden-Powell at some point, I've never been. I think that's the weekend I'm planning on doing a multi-day San Gorgonio trip, so I don't think that will work for me.
Darn... If San Gorgonio falls through, let me know.
Brad
bwarbiany

Post by bwarbiany »

So, this is a little over a week out. So far we've got 4 going, planning on getting to the trailhead around 9:30 to start.

If anyone's interested, let me know.

Also if you are going, note that you need to pick up an Adventure Pass (available at most sporting goods stores or REI) if you want to park at the trailhead. A one-day pass is $5.
Brad
bwarbiany

Post by bwarbiany »

Just heard from Brent who will be joining, so that's 5.

If anyone wants to jump in on this at the last minute, the current schedule is still 9:30 at the trailhead. Text or PM me so we don't leave you behind if you're running late (or vice versa if we are). :happybeer:
Brad