Sanke kegs and fermenter kit

Got something to hock? This forum is visible to the public, but only members can post.

Sanke kegs and fermenter kit

Postby ScottK on Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:04 pm

I've got two Sanke kegs for sale along with a Brewers Hardware Sanke keg fermenter kit (with thermowell). The kegs are intact and have not been cut. Any reasonable offer will be accepted.
ScottK

Re: Sanke kegs and fermenter kit

Postby BrewMasterBrad on Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:03 pm

Exactly what do you considerable reasonable? Isn't my friendship enough?
The future's uncertain and the end is always near
BrewMasterBrad
Untappd Junkie

Postby ScottK on Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:17 pm

Yes, Brad it is. I'll deliver them tonight.

I'm actually going to use the fermenter kit now. Found a smaller keg and it will work with my setup.
ScottK

Postby BrewMasterBrad on Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:01 pm

ScottK wrote:Yes, Brad it is. I'll deliver them tonight.

I'm actually going to use the fermenter kit now. Found a smaller keg and it will work with my setup.

If I didn't already have two kegs to ferment in already, I would take you up on this offer. For anyone else in the club that is still fermenting in plastic, this is a great way to go especially if you are doing 10 gallon batches. If you want more into, see the Brewers Hardware site.

If you have concerns about cleaning or sanitizing the kegs, talk to me at a club meeting and I will walk you through it.
The future's uncertain and the end is always near
BrewMasterBrad
Untappd Junkie

Postby bwarbiany on Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:46 am

BrewMasterBrad wrote:
ScottK wrote:Yes, Brad it is. I'll deliver them tonight.

If I didn't already have two kegs to ferment in already, I would take you up on this offer. For anyone else in the club that is still fermenting in plastic, this is a great way to go especially if you are doing 10 gallon batches. If you want more into, see the Brewers Hardware site.

If you have concerns about cleaning or sanitizing the kegs, talk to me at a club meeting and I will walk you through it.

Agreed with Lager Brad here... I've been using this setup for years now, and if I had another spare fridge to ferment MORE beer in (or time to brew that beer), I'd jump on this.

One of the other things I like about this setup is that it becomes very easy to transfer under CO2 pressure rather than a gravity siphon. That means I can leave the fermenter in my fermenting fridge, cold crash to reduce sediment, and never have to physically move the fermenter when it comes time to fill kegs. So I don't kick up the yeast cake and my transfer is much more clear without filtering.

If you're fermenting in either plastic or in glass carboys, I think you'd find this a good upgrade.
bwarbiany

Postby ScottK on Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:01 am

Thanks Brad W. I remembered that you had been/are using this set up. I will message you if I have any problems. Thanks for the info.
ScottK

Return to Classifieds