Wanted: Beergun

Old posts and such end up here. This forum is still visible.

Moderator: Post Moderators

Second Home

Wanted: Beergun

Post by Second Home »

Hey There,

I'm looking for a Beergun (blichmannen). Anyone know where I can find a good price on one? The best price i've found so far is $69.99 from Williams.

Also, has anyone had any experience with this? I've heard it's a really nice alternative to a CPBF.

Thanks for any help!
To good Friends, Good Times, and Good Brew!
brahn
Site Admin

Re: Wanted: Beergun

Post by brahn »

I don't know about a better price, but it's a great way to bottle from a keg. Really easy and quick to use.
Rezzin

Post by Rezzin »

Compared to a CPBF it's just so much easier with it's one handed operation. There was a debate on here a couple of years ago about the merits of using a beergun over a cobra tap - not sure if it's in the archives or not. If you only plan on using it to bottle beer that will be consumed fairly quickly, I would save your money and use the cobra tap method. If you plan on bottling for long term - then I think it's the best option out there for the price. That being said, I own a beergun and i STILL hate bottling.

Oh yeah, be sure to add one or two extra rubber tips to your order to take advantage of shipping/handling. It sucks when you lose one and have to buy another and pay shipping on an item that doesn't even weigh an oz probably.
Image New Brew Club, Free Photo hosting, Yeast Library, Forum
maltbarley

Post by maltbarley »

I have both and the beer gun is certainly easier. I'll sell the CPBF if you want one... :lol:
backyard brewer

Post by backyard brewer »

I paid like $75. It's worth it. I think Stirplates.com needs to design and sell the Beer Pistol. LOL
JonGoku

Post by JonGoku »

backyard brewer wrote:I paid like $75. It's worth it. I think Stirplates.com needs to design and sell the Beer Pistol. LOL
Hey, what about beermarker!? :lol: Just kidding, I still don't understand why a paintball gun is called a marker. WTF as if blood doesn't mark someone just as good or better than paint :wink:

Oh and Second Home if you haven't looked at this link on HBT it might be a cheap alternative to a beergun.

Cheers!
Jon Image
Second Home

Post by Second Home »

JonGoku wrote:
backyard brewer wrote:I paid like $75. It's worth it. I think Stirplates.com needs to design and sell the Beer Pistol. LOL
Hey, what about beermarker!? :lol: Just kidding, I still don't understand why a paintball gun is called a marker. WTF as if blood doesn't mark someone just as good or better than paint :wink:

Oh and Second Home if you haven't looked at this link on HBT it might be a cheap alternative to a beergun.

Cheers!
I have seen that. Pretty cool tecnique. Me and my buddy actually just pick up the beer gun. We just kegged (3) 5 gallon batches and are going to be trying out the new gun very soon. I will let you guys know how it went.
To good Friends, Good Times, and Good Brew!
backyard brewer

Post by backyard brewer »

Second Home wrote:
JonGoku wrote:

Cheers!
I have seen that. Pretty cool tecnique. Me and my buddy actually just pick up the beer gun. We just kegged (3) 5 gallon batches and are going to be trying out the new gun very soon. I will let you guys know how it went.
You'll like it. It really does work well.
PMR
Pro Brewer

Post by PMR »

We have the Beer Gun at The Bruery Provisions. $69.99 is the lowest price retailers are supposed to go, so that should be the lowest you'll find. I'm not sure what we're charging for it, but I'd imagine it would be in the $70-75 range.