March club meeting and Club Only Comp info.

Old posts and such end up here. This forum is still visible.

Moderator: Post Moderators

backyard brewer

Post by backyard brewer »

PMR wrote: Tustin Brewing Co. would be another option. Tyler's friend from BJ's, Andy, just took over there and should be stepping up the quality of the beer there. We wouldn't have a problem bringing in homebrew.
Oh good! My wife and I used to go there 3 times a week before my first was born. That was 6 years ago. They only keep 5 beers on tap and the last few times we've been it seems like they are always out of one of our two favorites. Likewise, the consistency has gotten to be pretty bad. One visit will yield a really nice flavorful and sweet Redhill Red and the next and the same beer is more like a dry brown ale and then the next it's suddenly a noticeably hopped American amber. The food has always been decent but a little pricey for what it is.

We had a meeting there once quite some time ago and they would not less us bring in homebrew. The waitress went to ask the manager and rather than come talk to us just sent her back with a "no way"

I still like the place though, I guess it's the sentiment of it having kind of been mine and my wife's restaurant so to speak. They make an incredible carne asada pizza .....mmmmmmmmm...... carne asada pizza........<drooling> It was a lot different when we knew all the waitresses and they always took really good care of us as regulars.
lars

Post by lars »

BrewMasterBrad wrote:...I think Lars was also planning on donating at least one beer...
Planning on brewing an Oatmeal Stout this weekend. I'll make it a 10 gallon batch and donate a keg. Hey Brad, can I get my keg back?
Shut up and brew
BrewMasterBrad
Pro Brewer

Post by BrewMasterBrad »

Lars wrote:
BrewMasterBrad wrote:...I think Lars was also planning on donating at least one beer...
Planning on brewing an Oatmeal Stout this weekend. I'll make it a 10 gallon batch and donate a keg. Hey Brad, can I get my keg back?
No.

Just kidding. I will get it cleaned up. It's been sitting in the fridge all this time. There is probably a gallon left in it. I will probably just dump it. I need the room in the fridge more than I need a gallon of beer. If you want to stop by and get it on your way to or from work, just let me know when.

Brad
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada down at Trader Vic's
BrewMasterBrad
Pro Brewer

Post by BrewMasterBrad »

Any news on the meeting location? We are only two weeks away, we need to get this nailed down.

Brad
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada down at Trader Vic's