Coors light home tapper

This is an open forum to discuss all things that just might be on your mind.

Moderators: Post Moderators, Cheers Moderator

Andysam

Coors light home tapper

Post by Andysam »

Hey, I just bought this at the Albertsons on yorba linda and placentia. It states that it is a one time use system, but I am hoping that it can be resused. Has anyone else seen these? Miller light also had one there. I grabed the last coors light one that was out, and there was only one miller light one left too. Maybe they have some more in the back.
lars

Re: Coors light home tapper

Post by lars »

I believe it is similar to a Party Pig made by Quoin. They sell some for homebrew use, maybe you can adapt it...
Shut up and brew
backyard brewer

Post by backyard brewer »

Once upon a time, they had a "Party Ball". That looks more like a plastic mini keg. Where there is a will, there is a way. I'm sure you could reuse it if you set your mind to it.
Andysam

Post by Andysam »

JonGoku

Post by JonGoku »

Pretty interesting. If you can get past this...
Zul'jin wrote:There's a problem. The spike that pierces the CO2 cartridge and is fluted to allow the CO2 to go into the tap is not hard fixed to the tap. It sits, loosely, in a rubber O ring. The neck of the cartridge I have is just a bit wider than the original and will not fit into the O ring. I can't make the cartridge compress it enough either. The result is that the spike lays over and the cartridge doesn't get pierced. It's a very small spike so gluing it may not work. Maybe I can ream out the O ring.
than I'd say you're good to go. BTW how much was it?
Jon Image
Andysam

Post by Andysam »

FYI It was $22.

Well, we will see what I can do with it when its empty. That might be a week or two, when I can get a couple of buddies over to help choke this piss down. LOL
bwarbiany

Post by bwarbiany »

Anything designed for one-time use is, well, designed for one-time use.

Realize that they're cutting every penny of unnecessary cost out of this sucker at every opportunity. As far as Coors is concerned, it only has to work once, and that's all it's really designed to do.

You may get more use out of it than it was designed for, but I wouldn't be surprised if it fails at an incredibly inopportune time.
Brad
oc eric

Post by oc eric »

Andysam wrote: That might be a week or two, when I can get a couple of buddies over to help choke this piss down. LOL
+1 Coors lite :|
An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk with his fools. - Hemingway