www.HopRage.com

This is an open forum to discuss all things that just might be on your mind.

Moderators: Post Moderators, Cheers Moderator

indianajns

www.HopRage.com

Post by indianajns »

Hello,

As a few of you know I've started a little side venture selling hop extract,http://www.HopRage.com . If you have the time, was wondering if any of ya'll would be willing to take a look at the website and provide feedback as to content /functionality/user experience, etc.

Much appreciated,
Greg

P.S. If this isn't appropriate for the forum let me know and I can move/remove
rcwebrew

Re: www.HopRage.com

Post by rcwebrew »

Nice site. Here are a few comments that I hope are helpful.
Sorry if this is too much...
Initially, since there is no varietal associated with extract, is it just for bitterness? If I use it for aroma, what can I expect? Is it repeatable, eg always made with same hops? or does it matter?
On your 'why use extracts'..specifically in the tech spec area you may want to compare and contrast to pellets. Use this to help educate and inform how easy this product is.
Eg. Rage alpha acids are 60% and beta 15-40%...that sounds like a lot if I am new to extracts.
When I buy a pellet, Warrior for example alpha is ~15%.
Questions that pop up are...What does this 60% mean. how do I compensate. I am sure there are benefits? Recommend you answer here. eg, y ml extract equates to xx oz of 15% hops in a 5 gal batch.

Other tech info may not be meaningful without explanation for example PH of rage is ~4, do I need to account for this in my overall ph or is it so small it will not influence ph of 5 gal..

On the calculator,
Good easy tool and good explanation, maybe a little more about how to combine with aroma hops.
Best luck with your venture, still have not brewed with the syringe you gave me at last meeting.
indianajns

Post by indianajns »

Made some changes based on your feedback. Much appreciated. Sold some to "The Homebrewer" home brew shop in San Diego. Will reach out to other homebrew shops as well. Thanks again!
Luckbad

Post by Luckbad »

indianajns wrote:Made some changes based on your feedback. Much appreciated. Sold some to "The Homebrewer" home brew shop in San Diego. Will reach out to other homebrew shops as well. Thanks again!
Hey mang! I'd love to try some of this out but I can't seem to order multiple syringes at a time. Any way I can do that? I'll try to drop you an email as well.
indianajns

Post by indianajns »

Thanks Ryan. Check your email. You can change quantities after you click the paypal link.

Cheers
Luckbad

Post by Luckbad »

Just kegged my Rye IPA that used 5 ml of HopRage on top of some Magnum and Willamette/Libery flavor/aroma hops.

I managed to get about a quart that I couldn't fit in the keg as tends to be the case when I forget to account for the rye whiskey I poured in with the oak...

Anyway, I carbonated that quart and the HopRage did an absolutely lovely job of bittering the beer.

Once I run out of the Magnum I have on hand, I'm going to start bittering exclusively with HopRage.

It's not much more expensive than hops and it's way more convenient.

I intentionally aimed low on the bitterness so I can just inject a little more HopRage if I need to.

Pretty magical stuff.
Justin H
Club President

Post by Justin H »

With the SCHF bragging rights comp being IPA this year I predict a surge in HopRage extracts