Breweries Around San Mateo

This is an open forum to discuss all things that just might be on your mind.

Moderators: Post Moderators, Cheers Moderator

dhempy

Breweries Around San Mateo

Post by dhempy »

Can anyone recommend a brewery or three in the San Mateo area? A colleague is asking.

A quick internet search yields Steelhead and Devil's Canyon ...

Thanks.

Dan
bwarbiany

Re: Breweries Around San Mateo

Post by bwarbiany »

Not too sure on other breweries, but depending on the context of why the colleague will be in the area, I can give some color on the area around Steelhead. Of course, Steelhead is a decent brewery and a pretty solid restaurant, so it might be justifiable on its own if he's looking for a dinner spot.

When I met my wife, she lived walking distance from downtown Burlingame, so we spent a fair amount of time there. It's a "hip" little area, and if your colleague is there for work gatherings with a number of other people, it's a great area to see. It's a nice downtown area to walk around, with a lot of little restaurants, bars, and shops.

Steelhead is a restaurant that would certainly appeal to a wide audience, or a "pre-dinner" bar to visit while heading somewhere else. Plenty of good options, while Il Fornaio is always a safe option. Looking at a map, there's a joint called Barrel House next to Steelhead, which if he's just looking for beer might be a good option. If there's a chance he's going to be looking for breakfast in the area during his visit, I can also recommend Stacks.
Brad
dhempy

Re: Breweries Around San Mateo

Post by dhempy »

Thanks Brad