Need high alcohol spirit

This is an open forum to discuss all things that just might be on your mind.

Moderators: Post Moderators, Cheers Moderator

ctninh

Need high alcohol spirit

Post by ctninh »

Hi all. I had a request to showcase hops in a future meeting. I am checking feasibility. Does anyone with a good palate for spirits know a clean and very alcoholic drink? I want as pure ethanol with no spice notes or solventy characteristics. Yes, it's for research purposes (take that statement as you please).

FYI, method calls for rubbing alcohol (isopropanol). I want to differ from that.

-Calvin
lexuschris

Re: Need high alcohol spirit

Post by lexuschris »

I hope the rubbing alcohol was only to get the 'aroma' of the hops, and nothing else!

I'm pretty sure you should be thinking just a pure vodka of some-sort. Its a very clean flavor profile. You could go very cheap, if this is for just some basic taste tests, or something fancier if you plan to enjoy it often. I like Tito's for a very clean, smooth and affordable vodka. It tastes a lot better than the grocery store blank brand stuff.
K:-)
--LexusChris
"A woman drove me to drink, and I hadn't even the courtesy to thank her." – W.C. Fields
CurtisG

Post by CurtisG »

I agree with Chris.

Tito's is great. I also like Absolut for good cheap vodka.
ctninh

Post by ctninh »

Ethanol at high levers costs exponentially pricier. Also, I don't want to be on Homeland Security's list and explain to the why I have a highly flammable liquid in a residence.

Thanks on the Tito's recommendation.

-Calvin