August Club Meeting - Chapman Crafted, August 21st, 7 PM

This is an open forum to discuss all things that just might be on your mind.

Moderators: Post Moderators, Cheers Moderator

Megastout

Re: August Club Meeting - Chapman Crafted, August 21st, 7 PM

Post by Megastout »

I don't like acoustical nightmares!
MrAverageGuy

Post by MrAverageGuy »

Megastout wrote:I don't like acoustical nightmares!
Well then, you aren't going to like the latest Springsteen album... :D

Anyway, for me the biggest thing is that we have leadership who deals with scheduling every month, and pulls it off somehow - thanks for doing it! See you Wednesday.

Jim
indianajns

Post by indianajns »

I welcome the idea that meetings might be on variable days from Tues-Wed-Thurs.

Various people in the past have had conflicts on Tuesdays. But then, no matter what day you pick, SOMEONE will have a long-standing conflict.

Rotating through those mid-week days may help to not unduly burden any individual member's conflicts. I don't know how many of the members plan "third Tuesday of the month" in their calendars several months in advance, but I'm guessing it's not many. You can make it or you can't.
This was my thinking as well. I'll work on a, (non-binding), post about this to gauge interest of the membership. Do we keep a single day of the third week or one of three days in the third week? We can also discuss keeping it at a single venue where we can schedule the whole year in advance or maybe a variant of one/all of these. For now, we are going to go back to having the meeting on the single Tuesday or Thursday of the month.