21st Amendment Brewery and Cafe

Just tasted something great or not so great? Have a favorite restaurant, cigar or pub you'd like to talk about? Review it here.

Moderator: Post Moderators

BrewMasterBrad
Pro Brewer

21st Amendment Brewery and Cafe

Post by BrewMasterBrad »

Had dinner and beers last night at the 21st Amendment in San Francisco. I had the fish and chips, which was good. Not the best I have ever had, but certainly very good. I liked the fish and chips at the Deschutes Brewery in Portland better. I had a Brew Free or Die IPA before dinner - good, but it did not seem as hoppy as I remember the canned version being. They had Poor Richard's Ale on tap as part of the celebration of American Craft Beer Week, so I had one with dinner. I actually have brewed this recipe in the past so I wanted to try this version. It was very good and paired nicely with the fish and chips. After dinner I had an El Camino (Un) Real Black Ale. This is a collaboration brew between Stone, the 21A, and Firestone Walker. This was a great beer. Completely black, roasty, fruity, and very smooth. A great dessert beer.
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada down at Trader Vic's
oc eric

Re: 21st Amendment Brewery and Cafe

Post by oc eric »

Is the second picture the other side of the pint glass? I like the triangle with the three breweries in it. Nice scripting as well.
An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk with his fools. - Hemingway
brahn
Site Admin

Post by brahn »

oc eric wrote:Is the second picture the other side of the pint glass? I like the triangle with the three breweries in it. Nice scripting as well.
It looks like one of the Stone collaboration bottles. They've done a few of these, but I've never seen this one. Juxtaposition was AWESOME, the Macadamia Nut Coconut Porter wasn't my cup of tea. I'm very jealous. :happybeer:
BrewMasterBrad
Pro Brewer

Post by BrewMasterBrad »

oc eric wrote:Is the second picture the other side of the pint glass? I like the triangle with the three breweries in it. Nice scripting as well.
It's the bottle. All of Stone's collaboration brews have the triangle thing with the names of the other breweries.
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada down at Trader Vic's
Haemon

Post by Haemon »

Do they carry El Camino (Un)Real at Hollingshead? I haven't tried it