Alesmith Grand Cru

Just tasted something great or not so great? Have a favorite restaurant, cigar or pub you'd like to talk about? Review it here.

Moderator: Post Moderators

oc eric

Alesmith Grand Cru

Post by oc eric »

Grand Cru 2.jpg
Grand Cru 2.jpg (106.66 KiB) Viewed 2811 times
LexusChris gifted my wife and I a bottle of Alesmoth Grand Cru on the Grand Opening of AHP. It meant a great deal to us. I waffled with laying it down for a year or so or enjoying right away. I hate saving something and then, for whatever reason, not getting to enjoy/use it. I decide to celebrate the very successful grand opening tonight :!:

The Grand Cru poured smooth, with tight bubbles and a great head. The liquid was dark, but not inky black like a stout, rather caramel clear around the edges with a dark center. The smell was definitely belgian - high octane and fruity esters. Our first sip and my wife says, "I taste wheat!". Sure enough it had a wheat, malty body, surrounded by belgian candi syrup. It packed a whallop! but smooooooth. Like Love Doctor smooth. I mean schmooove...but "belgiany". We drank more and I loved every bit until I over poured and got some yeasty liquor. That wasn't my favorite. I wouldn't want to drink it every night, but it was especially good celebrating the launch of something so meaningful in my life.

Cheers Chris!
An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk with his fools. - Hemingway
lexuschris

Re: Alesmith Grand Cru

Post by lexuschris »

Most excellent photo Eric! Glad you two enjoyed it!

It is a momentous time, when you study your charts, lay your compass points, and trim your sails.. beginning a voyage into uncharted waters, where there be dragons, storms & yes .. scintallating treasures. We wish you the best of luck, skill & persistence!

:cheers:
--Chris

"Some people dream of success, while others wake up and work hard at it." -- Unknown
"A woman drove me to drink, and I hadn't even the courtesy to thank her." – W.C. Fields