Anchor Brewing 2010 Christmas Ale

Just tasted something great or not so great? Have a favorite restaurant, cigar or pub you'd like to talk about? Review it here.

Moderator: Post Moderators

lexuschris

Anchor Brewing 2010 Christmas Ale

Post by lexuschris »

My favorite time of year is here. Not only does the weather turn crisp & the Santa Ana Winds kick-up but the march of winter brews comes out of craft breweries accross the land!

The 2010 Anchor Brewing holiday seasonal brew is out, and very very tasty! :cheers:

Pours a dark-dark-brown with a thin head, and a spicey-floral aroma. The carmel & roast are in the front of the flavor, and finish with the wonderful combination of spices. I can't place the spices they use, but it reminds me of flowers, nutmeg & cinnamon... a touch of ginger?? Perhaps others can help identify those with more accuracy.

I really enjoyed the 2009 offering, and this one is similar but more roasty & dark. Carbonation is light, which enhances the malt & carmel better... A very nice winter seasonal! Enjoy!
:beer:
--LexusChris
"A woman drove me to drink, and I hadn't even the courtesy to thank her." – W.C. Fields
BrewMasterBrad
Pro Brewer

Re: Anchor Brewing 2010 Christmas Ale

Post by BrewMasterBrad »

Maybe I will do Winter Seasonal beers as the style at the meeting this month.
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada down at Trader Vic's
maltbarley

Post by maltbarley »

I have one of the 2009 offering in the fridge. I didn't care for i much but I'll bring it to the meeting if you want to do a comparison.
lexuschris

Post by lexuschris »

BrewMasterBrad wrote:Maybe I will do Winter Seasonal beers as the style at the meeting this month.
Excellent idea! :cheers:
--LexusChris
"A woman drove me to drink, and I hadn't even the courtesy to thank her." – W.C. Fields