Kilt Lifter by Four Peaks (Tempe, AZ)

Just tasted something great or not so great? Have a favorite restaurant, cigar or pub you'd like to talk about? Review it here.

Moderator: Post Moderators

lexuschris

Kilt Lifter by Four Peaks (Tempe, AZ)

Post by lexuschris »

It's been only 6 months since I was in Sedona last and I do not recall seeing Four Peak's "Kilt Lifter" scotch ale on the shelves then. Nor did I see it at any restaurant or pubs.

That has all changed, and it is a good thing!

I found a six-pack on the shelf on my 1st night's grocery shopping this week. From the 1st sip, I was smitten! Brown with ruby highlights, lightly carbonated & a light white head. Toasty, malty goodness with a pleasant peat smoked malt finish. Pretty light on the palatte, and definitely quaffable. Not syrupy at all...

Then I started seeing it at just about every brewpub and resturant in town. Four Peaks Brewing is based in Tempe, AZ and their webpage is pretty crap... so, still trying to learn more about this brewhouse and this fine scotch ale!
Kilt Lifter Scotch Ale..Sorry for the flash reflection ...
Kilt Lifter Scotch Ale..Sorry for the flash reflection ...
KiltLifter_s.jpg (79.88 KiB) Viewed 2772 times
I brought home a six-pack ... gonna have to find a clone recipe for this one...
:happybeer:
--lexuschris
"A woman drove me to drink, and I hadn't even the courtesy to thank her." – W.C. Fields
maltbarley

Re: Kilt Lifter by Four Peaks (Tempe, AZ)

Post by maltbarley »

That is a nice beer and can be found all over the Phoenix area. I was going to try and make it to their brewpub (I think there is one in Scottsdale as well), but most people I talked to said that was their best product. Maybe next time I'm out that way.