Vertical Epics

Just tasted something great or not so great? Have a favorite restaurant, cigar or pub you'd like to talk about? Review it here.

Moderator: Post Moderators

lexuschris

Vertical Epics

Post by lexuschris »

Hey all,

I was digging through some of my storage bottles, and found a couple of Stone's Vertical Epics that I've been hanging on to for a few years! :D

Yesterday, I had the 08-08-08 epic, a Belgian golden strong/IPA. Extremely tasty and a wonderful combination of the Belgian yeast, american hops & malts. Really like this one, but I think this might be my last bottle... :(

Tonight, I have a bottle of the 07-07-07 epic. It is a saison/tripple combo with ginger, cadamon, grapefruit peel, orange peel & lime peel. Definitely a strong combo of flavors, but still refreshing!
VerticalEpic2007_11.jpg
VerticalEpic2007_11.jpg (98.76 KiB) Viewed 3105 times
The fact that these have aged so well is the biggest suprise! Hard to believe its been a few years on the shelf (no refrigeration even)!

Anyways, just wondering if anyone else has been sampling their epics past the 1st year...

/party on
--LexusChris
"A woman drove me to drink, and I hadn't even the courtesy to thank her." – W.C. Fields
maltbarley

Re: Vertical Epics

Post by maltbarley »

I think I have both of those as well as 09, but haven't tried them. Glad to hear they are aging well. I'd be happy to bring them to a meeting sometime if we are ever short on beer (is that possible?).
Brew30

Re: Vertical Epics

Post by Brew30 »

I'm saving mine for when the world ends on 12-12-12 :lol:

That is good news that they are holding up though, I was skeptical.