La Fin Du Monde

Just tasted something great or not so great? Have a favorite restaurant, cigar or pub you'd like to talk about? Review it here.

Moderator: Post Moderators

Brewfoo

La Fin Du Monde

Post by Brewfoo »

I purchased this 9% ABV Ale from the "Liquorette" in Walnut some time ago. I didn't know what to expect other than it was a corked beer costing about $10-12 dollars per bottle. Nick and I drank it and thought it was a very smooth and tasty Belgian. The "triple fermentation" on label was confusing to us as to what it actually meant.

I really enjoyed it and thought it had lots of interesting characters like coriander and other herbs. The color was light pale to amber and it was nice and strong, the way I love beers to be. Perfect carbonation and head. Has anyone else ever tried it? Love the name, too.
LA FIN DU MONDE.JPG
LA FIN DU MONDE.JPG (120.57 KiB) Viewed 3970 times
LA FIN BACK.JPG
LA FIN BACK.JPG (116.94 KiB) Viewed 3970 times
Beer....it's the new "water."
bwarbiany

Re: La Fin Du Monde

Post by bwarbiany »

I believe I've only tried it once, and it was unfortunately completely flat. Glad to hear it tastes good when it actually has bubbles in it :-)
Brad
nico soze

Post by nico soze »

It was pretty good. My only thoughts on "triple fermented" would be a tertiary vessel...?
BARL Brewing

Post by BARL Brewing »

"triple fermented"? thats not anything like "triple hops brewed" i hope.
backyard brewer

Post by backyard brewer »

Judging from the description on the label, I'd guess they were using a blend of 3 different yeasts, hence triple fermentation. Sounds like something the marketing department brewed up rather than the brewing department...

Although, I suppose if you fermented it with a primary yeast, dried it out with a more alcohol tolerant yeast and then bottle conditioned it with a 3rd yeast you would have 'triple fermented' the beer.
lexuschris

Post by lexuschris »

That is one of my favorite Unibroue beers. I really enjoy it and Tres Pistoles ...but La Fin Du Monde is really nice. It is actually from French Canada, and is often refered to as 'Ale on Lees'... which I believe refers to the bottle conditioning where some yeast sediment remains...
--LexusChris
"A woman drove me to drink, and I hadn't even the courtesy to thank her." – W.C. Fields