True Kegerator

Oh yes! Everything you ever wanted to know about equipment or ask about equipment, this is the place to be! Share photos or ideas about equipment here.

Moderator: Post Moderators

rcwebrew

True Kegerator

Post by rcwebrew »

Greetings from the northern hinterlands...
I've been helping out River City Brewing Company (Carmichael, Ca) get their brew house up and running again (est. July/Aug). One benefit to volunteering my time is I stumbled on an old True cooler designed to hold 3 half barrels. I got it pretty cheap because it was in someones back yard for a year or two!! After cleaning out the black widows, patching a large hole where beer lines were routed and getting rid of a stench that would knock a buzzard off a sh**wagon it looks and smells pretty good. (I will attach before and after shots soon (be grateful this isn't smellavision.) Anyway the compressor runs (pretty noisy) and cycles fairly often so I don't know how long it will last. The temp is maintained ~39 degrees when the dial is set to 2.

So, here are my questions...
Does anyone have experience with upkeep on these types of units? (Temp Controls, Compressors...) a new compressor is >500$
Also, I am looking for a ~12-14" tall tap tower with 2 or 3 taps on it to replace the single tap currently mounted on the right (see photo when posted) any leads for a used one? I plan on having 5-Corneys instead of 3-half barrels.
Lastly, I got a few extra Sanke Taps in good shape. If anyone is interested, shoot me an offer and I can bring them down next time I come to town.
rcwebrew

Re: True Kegerator

Post by rcwebrew »

before:
Attachments
before true.jpg
before true.jpg (1.03 MiB) Viewed 4886 times
rcwebrew

Post by rcwebrew »

after
Attachments
after true.jpg
after true.jpg (534.21 KiB) Viewed 4886 times
brahn
Site Admin

Post by brahn »

Looking good! :cheers:
JonW
Site Admin

Post by JonW »

Nice job!

I have a couple of towers you can have. Only catch is that they don't have the standard mount on the bottom. I made an adapter plate to use them with a standard mount and have the template I made for it. They can be drilled to add the 2nd & 3rd taps.

Here's pics of the one I did and the two new ones that you can have.

rcwebrew

Post by rcwebrew »

Jon,
Thanks, and yes please! We will be back in town in July and can swing by to pick 'em up. I will see if I can find something you might enjoy and bring it down! Any requests from Russian River or Heretic?
Maybe I can even make a meeting!
See you soon,
RW
JonW
Site Admin

Post by JonW »

They're all yours! You know what I like to drink. :cheers:

Next meeting will be the 19th. I can drop them in the mail if you want to start working on them sooner.
maltbarley

Post by maltbarley »

Great find, Randy.

One thing about commercial fridges (I have owned a number of them) is that they love power. A temp controller with a large differential will help, but still prepare for that first bill.
rcwebrew

Post by rcwebrew »

Thanks Jon, save the stamps, no rush on this project :) looking forward to the visit!
Tim, I had heard it sucks power like there's no tomorrow! Am properly braced$$!