KEGERATOR NOT COOLING

Oh yes! Everything you ever wanted to know about equipment or ask about equipment, this is the place to be! Share photos or ideas about equipment here.

Moderator: Post Moderators

Maltose Parrot

KEGERATOR NOT COOLING

Post by Maltose Parrot »

Anyone have a good repair contact? This unit worked prior to my taking possession of it. It was transported on its side, but has been upright for many months. I've installed a 3 n' 1 START Hard Start Kit thinking it might have had a bad cap or relay. I can hear a faint hum from the compressor, but no cooling.

TIA
Tony
Mosaic1492

Re: KEGERATOR NOT COOLING

Post by Mosaic1492 »

That sucks, especially for a kegerator. I had a chest freezer die on me last month, thankfully not the one for my taps. Rather than try to fix I found another used one on craigslist for $50.
lexuschris

Re: KEGERATOR NOT COOLING

Post by lexuschris »

Somebody told me once that transporting refridgerators on their side can cause them to loose all their coolant... that was 25 years ago, so I do not know if that is the case nowadays.

When my upright freezer stopped cooling 4 years ago, I researched around and read the yelp reviews before choosing OC Pacific Appliance Repair. http://www.ocpacificappliancerepair.com/

You might check them out.. I was happy with the timeliness and how hard they worked to find an affordable solution. In my case, it was cheaper to buy a new freezer (~$400) than replace the compressor as it was out of warranty. I would use them again.
--LexusChris
"A woman drove me to drink, and I hadn't even the courtesy to thank her." – W.C. Fields