Show us your brew system!

Oh yes! Everything you ever wanted to know about equipment or ask about equipment, this is the place to be! Share photos or ideas about equipment here.

Moderator: Post Moderators

dhempy

Post by dhempy »

Backyard Brewer wrote:
Ah yes, "Know Your Target", sage words of wisdom...
I keep hearing those words (sage and wisdom) a lot more now that I'm over 50 :lol:. I don't particularly know that I'm either but it sounds good anyway!

Dan
maltbarley

Post by maltbarley »

"Sage"

Making more mead soon?
dhempy

Post by dhempy »

Well one of these days I'm going to have to try a traditional mead. Perhaps we'll do one at the August Brewday.

Dan
spkrtoy

Post by spkrtoy »

Another shot of my brew tree:
Cheers,
Lyn
Everybody has the right to be stupid. Some people abuse the privilege.

I hope life isn’t a big joke, because I don’t get it.
What I don't Know Far out weighs what I do.
brew captain

Post by brew captain »

No bells or whistles, but it gets the job done... Plus there is no cancelling the brew session because of a fuzzy logic glitch, a power outage or because a pump broke. I have it up on masonry blocks now. Should have made it 10" taller, but I did not have enough of the free angle iron I scored to build it. A buddy of mine welded it together for free with a promise I would teach him to brew which I did... Kettles from B3, one of which I got on the cheap because it had a dent in it and had been used for a brewing demonstration. Total cost under $600.

Cheers!
maltbarley

Post by maltbarley »

Brew Captain wrote: Plus there is no cancelling the brew session because of a fuzzy logic glitch, a power outage or because a pump broke.
Yeah, but even king kong is afraid to climb up to that HLT. :lol:
BrewMasterBrad
Pro Brewer

Post by BrewMasterBrad »

maltbarley wrote:
Brew Captain wrote: Plus there is no cancelling the brew session because of a fuzzy logic glitch, a power outage or because a pump broke.
Yeah, but even king kong is afraid to climb up to that HLT. :lol:
Judging by those pics, the only glitches you might run into are falling off a ladder, running out of Iodophor, or running out of foil to fend off mind reading aliens (nice tablecloth). :lol:
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada down at Trader Vic's
brew captain

Post by brew captain »

You know about the mind reading aliens???

:shock:

Cheers!
spkrtoy

Post by spkrtoy »

You know about the mind reading aliens???
Gotta say, that's damn funny! I have to admit that I've brewed with BrewCap at both locations, and he goes through at least 1 roll of alum. foil and 6 oz per carboy and bucket of Iodopher per brew session. (Haha, it seems that he's now learned that it's 2 tbsp. per 5 gal.? My carboys never looked that orangered) But from my tastings, BC's brewed consistent and high quality beers so I cannot fault him, just that he could save some $$ by using a bit less. Same with bleach, less is better!
Brew on y'all!!
brew captain

Post by brew captain »

At least I stopped wearing surgical gloves and a face mask!

I actually use three capfulls of Iodophor per carboy and let them sit overnight before I fill them with my precious wort. I make monster yeast starters to boot so any bacteria and/or wild yeast don't stand a chance getting a hold of the fermentation. Overkill to be sure, but I have dumped my share of skanked beer so I do what works for me...

Cheers!
spkrtoy

Post by spkrtoy »

Robert, you know I was just funnin' ya'!
You and you're beers are always welcome at my place.