Borrow Mill...

Oh yes! Everything you ever wanted to know about equipment or ask about equipment, this is the place to be! Share photos or ideas about equipment here.

Moderator: Post Moderators

bwarbiany

Borrow Mill...

Post by bwarbiany »

All,

Given the newfound free grain I picked up, I thought to myself... "Hey, the cost I *would have paid* for this grain is similar to that for a mill, so I should buy one!" But I need to pay for the campsite for next homebrew fest first, so I might put that off a few weeks/months...

So I'm stuck... Anyone have a mill that I can borrow? I need to confirm with Dustin, but I think we're brewing either Saturday or Sunday morning, and will be traveling from Newport Beach up to Yorba Linda along the way, so stopping anywhere along the 55 fwy will be easy. Otherwise, if you want to let us borrow one, and return it when complete, we can do that too...
Brad
Rezzin

Re: Borrow Mill...

Post by Rezzin »

bwarbiany wrote:All,

Given the newfound free grain I picked up, I thought to myself... "Hey, the cost I *would have paid* for this grain is similar to that for a mill, so I should buy one!" But I need to pay for the campsite for next homebrew fest first, so I might put that off a few weeks/months...

So I'm stuck... Anyone have a mill that I can borrow? I need to confirm with Dustin, but I think we're brewing either Saturday or Sunday morning, and will be traveling from Newport Beach up to Yorba Linda along the way, so stopping anywhere along the 55 fwy will be easy. Otherwise, if you want to let us borrow one, and return it when complete, we can do that too...
Did you ever return my keg? If you did, you can borrow my mill. I'm right off the 55/91.
Image New Brew Club, Free Photo hosting, Yeast Library, Forum
bwarbiany

Post by bwarbiany »

Rezzin wrote:
Did you ever return my keg? If you did, you can borrow my mill. I'm right off the 55/91.
The kegs are sitting at Dustin's house right now (La Palma just off the 91 between Yorba Linda Blvd & Gypsum Cyn)... I think we can make sure the kegs get over there at the same time we arrive to mill some grain...
Brad
brew captain

Post by brew captain »

I had to drag my grain all over the county to get it milled back in the day. I bought a great mill from Dhempy and have been brewing independently ever after.

I am right at the border of Brea and Yorba Linda at the 57 and Imperial Hwy. I would be more than happy to mill up some grain for you without returning Mike's kegs...

:wink:

Cheers!
Rezzin

Post by Rezzin »

bwarbiany wrote:
Rezzin wrote:
The kegs are sitting at Dustin's house right now (La Palma just off the 91 between Yorba Linda Blvd & Gypsum Cyn)... I think we can make sure the kegs get over there at the same time we arrive to mill some grain...
If you have a drill you can just take the mill with you and bring it back when you're done. Just pick it up on your way to Dustins and bring it back with my clean and sanitized keg when you return ;)
Image New Brew Club, Free Photo hosting, Yeast Library, Forum