APA/IPA recipe feedback needed

Share recipes here and discuss recipes posted in the recipe database.

Moderator: Post Moderators

brahn
Site Admin

Re: APA/IPA recipe feedback needed

Post by brahn »

I would suggest soaking it upside down like DrDually suggests. There are a few ways to do it. A good soak in strong (1.5-2oz/G) PBW solution with hot water should do it. I'd leave it overnight. I would think it would only take a gallon or two.
BrewMasterBrad
Pro Brewer

Post by BrewMasterBrad »

I use the Mark's Keg Washer for my Sanke kegs and it works great. The only modification I use is replacing the drilled cap on the keg washer with one of these - http://www.brewershardware.com/Rotating ... ction.html.

My normal procedure is to dump all the yeast and trub out, rinse with tap water, then run a cycle on the keg washer for about 20 minutes with just hot water. I then run a cycle on the keg washer with oxygen cleaner for 10 to 20 minutes. I rinse the keg with hot water, a couple gallons at a time, with about 5 to 6 gallons total rinse water. I let it dry upside down until the next brew day. I use heat/steam to sanitize on brew day.

I thought about getting one of the those cameras. They can be had pretty cheap.
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada down at Trader Vic's
maltbarley

Post by maltbarley »

BrewMasterBrad wrote:I use the Mark's Keg Washer for my Sanke kegs and it works great. The only modification I use is replacing the drilled cap on the keg washer with one of these - http://www.brewershardware.com/Rotating ... ction.html.

My normal procedure is to dump all the yeast and trub out, rinse with tap water, then run a cycle on the keg washer for about 20 minutes with just hot water. I then run a cycle on the keg washer with oxygen cleaner for 10 to 20 minutes. I rinse the keg with hot water, a couple gallons at a time, with about 5 to 6 gallons total rinse water. I let it dry upside down until the next brew day. I use heat/steam to sanitize on brew day.

If you are lucky, maybe Chris will give you a free bung inspection with his scope. You never know what you'll find in there.
DrDually

Post by DrDually »

maltbarley wrote:
BrewMasterBrad wrote:I use the Mark's Keg Washer for my Sanke kegs and it works great. The only modification I use is replacing the drilled cap on the keg washer with one of these - http://www.brewershardware.com/Rotating ... ction.html.

If you are lucky, maybe Chris will give you a free bung inspection with his scope. You never know what you'll find in there.
If you need a second opinion...see Dr Dually :happybeer:
Or just stop by and use my bore scope to check your kegs
Chris aka Dr Dually
drdually@att.net

Life is tough. It is even tougher when you are stupid. John Wayne

Bottled and enjoying: Nada, zip
Kegged: English Brown, American Amber, Double Barrel Ale
Next up: Kolsch