OC Brewer's Guild Fest 2017

What's happening in the beer world and where.

Moderator: Post Moderators

Pikagreg

OC Brewer's Guild Fest 2017

Post by Pikagreg »

Information for this years' festival has been posted online. It looks like it is going to be on May 20th a few weeks after the SCHF. This event was great last year and it was a lot of fun having our own booth out there right up with the OC breweries. It looks like it will take place in the same area as the Fest of Ales this year.

Would you guys be interested in trying to get a booth again this year if they are open to the idea? Sounds like a potential topic for next month's meeting.

OC Brewers Guild Invitational
May 20th

Downtown Anaheim
205 West Center Street Promenade
Anaheim, CA 92805

TICKET INFORMATION
Regular Admission: $60 ($70 at the door if available)
Designated Driver: $20 – Must accompany a full admission guest.
ADMISSION:
Entrance to the festival will start at 3:30 p.m., with beer tasters pouring from 4- 8 p.m., the festival will close at 8:30 p.m.

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/oc-brewers ... 1850512741
JonW
Site Admin

Re: OC Brewer's Guild Fest 2017

Post by JonW »

I'm up for doing it again. I e-mailed with Fauna about it last year, but I've heard she's not there now.

Are they asking for OC clubs to participate? Maybe someone that's a guild member (Sam, Brian or Derrin) can check with them?
bwarbiany

Post by bwarbiany »

It was a great time last year, and as beer festivals go, one of the more well-organized and worthwhile beer festivals I've attended.

Unfortunately, I can't make this one, but highly recommend anyone that didn't make it last year to participate (if we pour) or to merely attend if we don't. Good times.
Brad
Pikagreg

Post by Pikagreg »

JonW wrote:I'm up for doing it again. I e-mailed with Fauna about it last year, but I've heard she's not there now.

Are they asking for OC clubs to participate? Maybe someone that's a guild member (Sam, Brian or Derrin) can check with them?
They did not say anything about clubs but just having a booth last year might be enough incentive to get us another one this year.
Reid
Club Treasurer

Post by Reid »

The OC Brewers Guild Exec. Dir., Jacquelyn "Jackie" Ellison, stopped by the OC Mashups meeting last week promoting the event. If you join the Guild as an Enthusiast ($40) you receive a discounted entry fee. They are looking for some club involvement an/or volunteers.
Pikagreg

Post by Pikagreg »

I got an email response from them this morning and it looks like they are open to homebrew club booths.
Thanks for reaching out! This year there are boothing opportunities at the Invitational this year, the vendor fee for non-affiliate members is $150 and includes a pop up and table with the space. OC Mash up and Windsor Homebrew Supplies will also be doing a booth. The Invitational will be from 4-8pm set up 12-3 and breakdown is 8:30 – 10pm. Vendor booths come with two vendor passes to the event.
Sent you a PM with the info Jon.
CurtisG

Post by CurtisG »

$150 seems reasonable for a table at this event. Especially with the 2 badges included.
Pikagreg

Post by Pikagreg »

Jacque got back to me again this morning. It turns out they haven't guaranteed being able to serve homebrew at the event yet and it is one of the matters of discussion in their meeting tonight. I assume this will be a huge factor into whether or not we have a booth (unless you guys want one anyways just to raise club awareness). She said she will get back to me with the results of tonight's meeting.
Pikagreg

Post by Pikagreg »

I got an email last night and it turns out they are allowing homebrew again this year at the fest.
JonW
Site Admin

Post by JonW »

I'm waiting to hear back from Jacque on this, but she is out of town until the 23rd.

If we're paying $150 for only two badges, I'm not really sure if we want to do this. Depending how many people offer up beer to pour, we'd likely need 4-6 badges. Is this something that we really want to spend a couple hundred on? Not sure of the benefit to us as a club.

We didn't pay anything last year since members were donating their beer and unlike the breweries there, giving away our beer isn't really effective marketing for anyone.
Pikagreg

Post by Pikagreg »

She never got back to me about a discount on additional tickets. I assume it is because she is already out of office.
lexuschris

Post by lexuschris »

We can individually pay to go to the event if that is our thing. To pay as a club, we would need dedicated beer to pour, and to pay for the privilege seems wrong.

Unless they approach the homebrew clubs seperately, we may want to skip as a club pour, and just attend as imbibers.
:cheers:
--LexusChris
"A woman drove me to drink, and I hadn't even the courtesy to thank her." – W.C. Fields
JonW
Site Admin

Post by JonW »

My sentiments exactly Chris.

An alternative might be if they give us 6 tix for the $150 and we get 6 members to donate a keg and pay $25 each. You'd only need to serve for 30+ mins and then you could enjoy the event.
Megastout

Post by Megastout »

I agree with Chris
JonW
Site Admin

Post by JonW »

I'm going to call this a dead issue. Jacque at the guild did get back to me and stated that if we wanted to participate, it would be $150 for the tent and 2 tickets and we would have to buy any additional tix.

Can't see how this is beneficial to us as a club.