Teach a friend to homebrew day

Old posts and such end up here. This forum is still visible.

Moderator: Post Moderators

thetonka

Teach a friend to homebrew day

Post by thetonka »

Hey guys. Have talked to you guys in a while, been busy.

Anyway, don't know what you guys have planned for the AHA teach a friend to homebrew day, but we are going to be putting on an event in Murrieta. I can send you guys more details once we finalize the planning, but here are the basics.

Jim Fritz is opening the Murrieta Homebrew Emporium on Oct 4, and we will be having the event there on Nov 1.
We have 5 guys committed to brewing on site that day. We will have a single tier AG system, a 2 tier AG system, a 3 tier AG system, a 3 tier homedepot bolted together AG system, and 2 turkey fryer Extract setups. We will be staggering the brews so that something is happening all day.
Barley and Hops is sponsoring some food for the day and we will be grilling and selling food and soda.
We will be having several short seminars during the day raging from yeast to mashing to cleaning.

I am reaching out to some or the clubs in the area to see generate some interest. I know for some of you its a haul. If we get enough clubs interested I will talk to Scott from Barley and Hops and see if he would be willing to host a multi-club happy hour in the evening.

Let me know if you guys want to join in, or if you guys are going to be doing something as a club. I know we have some guys in the club that have friends and family in OC and it would be easier for them to do something with you guys than drive out here.

-Mike :D
===========================
Still learning and loving the home brew
www.fastdogbrewing.com

TVHA President

You are a pawn of my evil intent!
BrewMasterBrad
Pro Brewer

Post by BrewMasterBrad »

Hey Mike,

That sounds like a great day. We will definitely be interested in participating. As a club, we have not planned anything for that day. Let's see what kind of interest we can get from our club members. Murrieta is not that far from me, so I will plan on coming down.

Brad
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada down at Trader Vic's
thetonka

Post by thetonka »

Sounds good, and if anyone wants to volunteer to speak or help out we would appreciate it. Got a commitment for speeches from several smart club members and a couple of pro-brewers. Waiting to hear from White Labs if they want to participate.

Should be fun.
www.fastdogbrewing.com

TVHA President

BrewMasterBrad
Pro Brewer

Post by BrewMasterBrad »

What time are you going to start this event?
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada down at Trader Vic's
thetonka

Post by thetonka »

We are planning on 10am - 5pm.

Here is a link to the flyer.
www.fastdogbrewing.com

TVHA President