Does North Orange County need a LHBS ?

This is an open forum to discuss all things that just might be on your mind.

Moderators: Post Moderators, Cheers Moderator

Does North Orange County need a LHBS?

Yes
62%
No
19%
I have no idea!
19%

Total votes: 21

ryanizell

Re: Does North Orange County need a LHBS ?

Post by ryanizell »

So... I'm finally getting around to brewing my next batch and it just happens that I have to be out in Riverside this weekend, so I figured I'd stop by B3 to grab the ingredients. I'm all about saving money when I can, and I know someone mentioned that brewcommune members get 10% off. As someone new to brewcommune, would I qualify for that discount? If so, how do I go about it?
Thanks in advance for you guidance.
lexuschris

Post by lexuschris »

I stopped in to B3 last weekend, on my way back from Arizona. I forgot my BrewCommune membership card and was planning to just pay regular prices. Fortunately, they had me in their system still, and put the 10% homebrew club discount on my bill. I didn't even notice until I got home.
:)

Nice guys!
--LexusChris
Last edited by lexuschris on Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"A woman drove me to drink, and I hadn't even the courtesy to thank her." – W.C. Fields
lars

Post by lars »

ryanizell wrote:So... I'm finally getting around to brewing my next batch and it just happens that I have to be out in Riverside this weekend, so I figured I'd stop by B3 to grab the ingredients. I'm all about saving money when I can, and I know someone mentioned that brewcommune members get 10% off. As someone new to brewcommune, would I qualify for that discount? If so, how do I go about it?
Thanks in advance for you guidance.
Just an FYI, the discount applies for paying club members. If you join the club (not just sign up for the website) you will get additional access to more forums, and be able to participate in discussions regarding brew days and get the discount at B3. It is worth the $20.
Shut up and brew
Andysam

Post by Andysam »

So, hows the home brew shop coming? Lots of work I am sure!
oc eric

Post by oc eric »

Andysam wrote:So, hows the home brew shop coming? Lots of work I am sure!
Slow but steady. In fact, I'm posting something right after this. Thanks for checking in It encourages me :cheers:
An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk with his fools. - Hemingway
Oskaar

Post by Oskaar »

Saw the sign this evening on the way to my parents' home.

Congrats,

Oskaar
Don't go into the Pimped-Out-Refrigerator Jack!
mattbrew

Post by mattbrew »

I'm about 4 months new to brewing. I voted yes because of the networking that can be done in person at brick and mortar locations. Info sharing is something that online stores can't provide as well as a local gathering of homebrewers. The brewing demos that Eric puts on at Addison seem like a great way to learn/teach brew techniques and I'm excited to attend my first one tomorrow!

Forums are very helpful, but I learn best from talking with others like Dan and Eric and picking their brains. So in my opinion, buying my supplies at a LHBS like Addison's is a way for me to pay back the education I receive.
bwarbiany

Post by bwarbiany »

mattbrew wrote:I'm about 4 months new to brewing. I voted yes because of the networking that can be done in person at brick and mortar locations. Info sharing is something that online stores can't provide as well as a local gathering of homebrewers. The brewing demos that Eric puts on at Addison seem like a great way to learn/teach brew techniques and I'm excited to attend my first one tomorrow!

Forums are very helpful, but I learn best from talking with others like Dan and Eric and picking their brains. So in my opinion, buying my supplies at a LHBS like Addison's is a way for me to pay back the education I receive.
Matt,

Also very useful for the networking, discussions, and info sharing is the club itself. One of these days you should ask John (jward) about his theories on brewing without hops.
Brad
jward

Post by jward »

I think LexusChris is the only one who brews without hops.
oc eric

Post by oc eric »

mattbrew wrote: Forums are very helpful, but I learn best from talking with others like Dan and Eric and picking their brains. So in my opinion, buying my supplies at a LHBS like Addison's is a way for me to pay back the education I receive.
Thanks Matt! That kind of loyalty goes a long way.

Robert aka Brew Captain does an excellent job on the demonstrations.

BTW, July 25th is a Mead/Cider brewing demo AND a Kegging bottling demo day. I will have the Blichmann bottling gun by then and we can knock out 10+ gallons of beer in no time!
An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk with his fools. - Hemingway
StarRaptor

Post by StarRaptor »

Reading this thread was very interesting, especially given I knew the outcome already.

I will say one thing, without Eric's advice and encouragement I doubt I would have moved to 5 Gallons and I know I wouldn't have joined either of my brew clubs