paid my dues.

This is an open forum to discuss all things that just might be on your mind.

Moderators: Post Moderators, Cheers Moderator

nico soze

paid my dues.

Post by nico soze »

In the immortal words of groucho Marx. " I would never join a club that allows the likes of me as a member" but here we are. I can't wait until it becomes official and I can read the super secret club forums. Is there a super secret handshake too? Oh please oh please tell me there's a super secret handshake.
maltbarley

Re: paid my dues.

Post by maltbarley »

nico soze wrote:Oh please oh please tell me there's a super secret handshake.

That will cost you another $20.
backyard brewer

Post by backyard brewer »

maltbarley wrote:
nico soze wrote:Oh please oh please tell me there's a super secret handshake.

That will cost you another $20.
Ah ha... That would explain why I don't know of this Super Secret Handshake.
JonW
Site Admin

Post by JonW »

Start practicing, it's like this:

jward

Post by jward »

You are on your own with the handshake, but you should have access to the club only areas.

Welcome to Brewcommune!
backhousebrew

Post by backhousebrew »

[quote="JonW"]Start practicing, it's like this:
Nice picture.
That's an awesome handshake for sure but I think I'll keep my $20.
Anyone caught doing that handshake should be fined $20

Welcome to the club nico soze!
Drink Good Beer!
nico soze

Post by nico soze »

Thanks for all the welcome, look forward to meeting you all. Couple little things I don't know who or how to address. I was reading the bylaws, and I guess ill be recieving a membership card and/or newsletter. Are those mailed? Because my shipping address on paypal is wrong, and I can't seem to fix it. The other thing is just a pet peeve of mine. I've already been added to the member list for 2011. It has my full name next to my user name. Trouble is, Nico soze is a pen name I use all over the internet to protect my identity. (about as safe as putting your wallet ALL THE WAY in your shoes at the beach, I know). Would it be possible to abbreviate my name, or maybe change my user name? I feel a little creeped out 1984 style with my real name and fake name side by side.
JonW
Site Admin

Post by JonW »

Nico, not discounting your need or want for privacy, but do you worry about your wallet at the beach if your friends and neighbors are sitting around watching it? The area that lists your real name is only visible to paid club members. These are people you will be interacting with at club meetings, club brews, etc. While the website is indeed a "virtual world" with many registered members, the actual club (paid members) and associated events is a much smaller group and is where you will hopefully build relationships with "real" people.
nico soze

Post by nico soze »

Hadnt thought of that. It costs 20$ to look at it. Good point. Nevermind. Bit still, if you're gonna mail me anything let me give you the right address first
jward

Post by jward »

The newsletter has only been published a few times over all the years. Membership cards have been done few times. I tried to make them for every one last year. I never got them made for the people who joined at the end of the year. I still have a few of the cards. I tried to hand them out at meeting and brew days and only mailed them on request. I'm actually no longer the Secretary (or Treasurer for that matter), but I will make any member a 2011 card on request. You don't need the card to get the club discount from B3/More Beer in Riverside.
ScottK

Post by ScottK »

John, I haven't been to More Beer in Riverside since joining Brewcommune. I don't have a membership card, so how do they know I qualify as a BC member?
I have not yet begun to defile myself.
Marotte Brewery

Post by Marotte Brewery »

ScottK wrote:John, I haven't been to More Beer in Riverside since joining Brewcommune. I don't have a membership card, so how do they know I qualify as a BC member?
Basically, they take your word for it....
ScottK

Post by ScottK »

Cool, thanks.
I have not yet begun to defile myself.