Craft Brewers Conference & BrewExpo America

This is an open forum to discuss all things that just might be on your mind.

Moderators: Post Moderators, Cheers Moderator

tikitatt

Craft Brewers Conference & BrewExpo America

Post by tikitatt »

Has anyone attended the Craft Brewers Conference & BrewExpo America in San Diego? It sounds very educational and fun to me. If so, what are your thoughts and would you go again?

http://www.craftbrewersconference.com/

Thank you,
John AKA Tikitatt
BrewMasterBrad
Pro Brewer

Re: Craft Brewers Conference & BrewExpo America

Post by BrewMasterBrad »

I've been to this conference twice, once in San Diego and once in Seattle, when I was planning on opening my own brewery. It is a trade show for pro brewers, so the content is not really geared toward home brewers, but it is interesting anyway.
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada down at Trader Vic's
tikitatt

Post by tikitatt »

That's too bad I thought it was for both pro and home brewers.

Thanks
BrewMasterBrad wrote:I've been to this conference twice, once in San Diego and once in Seattle, when I was planning on opening my own brewery. It is a trade show for pro brewers, so the content is not really geared toward home brewers, but it is interesting anyway.
nico soze

Post by nico soze »

Its for homebrewers that dream big.....
tikitatt

Post by tikitatt »

Nothing wrong with dreaming.
nico soze wrote:Its for homebrewers that dream big.....
tikitatt

Post by tikitatt »

Nico, what did you like about this event and what days do you recommend? What year did you attend?
tikitatt wrote:Nothing wrong with dreaming.
nico soze wrote:Its for homebrewers that dream big.....
nico soze

Post by nico soze »

oh I've never gone I'm just sayin'
angelaarp

Post by angelaarp »

I've been to the CBC for the last 4 years (SanDiego, Boston, Chicago & SanFran) and it's an amazing event! I think you might need to join the BA and be at least registered as a Brewery in Planning in order to attend (but I could be wrong).
If you're going to go, I'd suggest planning on being there for every day and making the most out of it. - it is Super expensive, but you walk out of each seminar with something you can take back to the brewery and apply. Also, with the huge growth in the number of brewery's in the US and this year being a World Beer Cup year, this conference will fill up quickly! So plan on getting your tickets early!
tikitatt

Post by tikitatt »

Thank you for the great information. I really am leaning towards going this time.
angelaarp wrote:I've been to the CBC for the last 4 years (SanDiego, Boston, Chicago & SanFran) and it's an amazing event! I think you might need to join the BA and be at least registered as a Brewery in Planning in order to attend (but I could be wrong).
If you're going to go, I'd suggest planning on being there for every day and making the most out of it. - it is Super expensive, but you walk out of each seminar with something you can take back to the brewery and apply. Also, with the huge growth in the number of brewery's in the US and this year being a World Beer Cup year, this conference will fill up quickly! So plan on getting your tickets early!