Brew Supply in the OC?

This is an open forum to discuss all things that just might be on your mind.

Moderators: Post Moderators, Cheers Moderator

Stark

Brew Supply in the OC?

Post by Stark »

Hey Gang, was wondering if there was another Brewing Supplies store in the OC I might be able to hit tonight on my way home to Riverside. I know there is O'Shea's down in Laguna Nigel, but they are closed by the time I am normally set free from work. Looking to get a couple of kits and some new grain bags for tomorrow's Brewing and Bottling Extravaganza.

Thanks in Advance!
backyard brewer

Post by backyard brewer »

www.zymurguy.com

Call the number and leave a message for Bryan. His shop is at the 22 and Valley View but is currently open by appointment only. Oh and if you've joined the BrewCommune club, you get 10% off.
BrewMasterBrad
Pro Brewer

Post by BrewMasterBrad »

Check out www.zymurguy.com

BrianC on the board is the owner. He is located in Garden Grove. Make sure you let him know you are a new BC member so you get the club discount.
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada down at Trader Vic's
lars

Post by lars »

One of our members and friends has a shop in Garden Grove. Check out his site www.zymurguy.com. He is open by appt but pretty much has everything you could ever need! Not really on the way to Riverside, but you could probably arrange to meet him at the shop even at non-normal business hours. Brian's a cool guy and will work with you!
Shut up and brew
brahn
Site Admin

Post by brahn »

There's really 3 other LHBS in the area.

Zymurguy is in Westminster, you'll get a 10% discount here as a BrewCommune member. He doesn't have regular hours at this point, but he's pretty flexible when it comes to making appointments and picking up your stuff. http://www.zymurguy.com/

MoreBeer is in Riverside, which is probably the closest to you. You'll also get a 10% discount here as a BrewCommune member. I don't know their store hours. http://www.morebeer.com/

Steinfillers is in Long Beach. That's probably way out of your way and I don't know their store hours. http://www.steinfillers.com/

They're all probably cheaper than O'Sheas, but they don't have the nice bottled beer selection or CO2 fillup service.
lars

Post by lars »

Uh, wow. Overwhelming support and all within 3 mins of each other!!!
Shut up and brew
kevinham

Post by kevinham »

Steinfillers hours according to the site.

Wed-Sat
11:00 AM - 6:00 PM

Sunday
11:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Kevin
Oskaar

Post by Oskaar »

Uh, nothing more to add here, just thought I'd mux up the thread a bit. You might also take a look at Marabella Winery in San Pedro, but I'm sure that's way out of your way.

Cheers,

Oskaar
Don't go into the Pimped-Out-Refrigerator Jack!
kevinham

Post by kevinham »

Oh that's awesome, I just noticed I am officially a Brew Bitch. Thanks a lot Brad. :lol:
Kevin
BrewMasterBrad
Pro Brewer

Post by BrewMasterBrad »

kevinham wrote:Oh that's awesome, I just noticed I am officially a Brew Bitch. Thanks a lot Brad. :lol:
I just did that like two minutes ago. I was wondering how long it would take you to notice. I can take it off if you want, but I thought it was pretty funny.
I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada down at Trader Vic's
kevinham

Post by kevinham »

BrewMasterBrad wrote:
kevinham wrote:Oh that's awesome, I just noticed I am officially a Brew Bitch. Thanks a lot Brad. :lol:
I just did that like two minutes ago. I was wondering how long it would take you to notice. I can take it off if you want, but I thought it was pretty funny.
Eh, whatever. I can take a joke. I can't think of anything better to put there anyways.

I just wish I wasn't a plain old brew bitch. I'm much cooler than that.
Kevin
Stark

Post by Stark »

B3 is my normal Saturday hang out for at least the last 2 Months, and now that I get 10% from the club, I wonder if I can add that onto the 10% i have been already getting for just b.s.in with the guys. :twisted:

But as for Brian, not sure I'll make him open up tonight as I was looking for something to do tonight while I wait for the SWMBO to get off work, be a bit proactive so I can just start brewing when I wake up tomorrow. I will most likely give him a call next time I'm in need of stuff on my way home, and hit up B3 tomorrow morning. Thanks guys for the info!

And 'Fresh Meat' eh? That's a lot nicer than I figured you would add Brad. =)