Grain Storage

Oh yes! Everything you ever wanted to know about equipment or ask about equipment, this is the place to be! Share photos or ideas about equipment here.

Moderator: Post Moderators

maltbarley

Grain Storage

Post by maltbarley »

I'm not sure what you guys use to store your grains, but i found these 40lb Vittles Vaults at US Plastics for $16.70 each ($18.56 -10% over qty 4). They are air tight, stackable and way cheaper than Petco.

http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/varian ... t_id=75087
brahn
Site Admin

Re: Grain Storage

Post by brahn »

I usually just use 5 gallon buckets from Home Depot to store my grain, but these look cool. How much grain can you get into one? "40 lbs+" is a strange way to measure volume. Also, the opening on top looks a little narrow, how easy is it to get the grain out?

Brent
Rezzin

Post by Rezzin »

"Seed 60+ lbs" for the 40# container so perhaps it holds an entire sack of grain? Do tell Tim - this is an awesome find if it does. It's a good find either way. I'll probably order a few for grain AND dog food.
Image New Brew Club, Free Photo hosting, Yeast Library, Forum
maltbarley

Post by maltbarley »

Rezzin wrote:"Seed 60+ lbs" for the 40# container so perhaps it holds an entire sack of grain?
Mine will be here tomorrow, so I can't confirm. But, I've heard that a 50# bag fits no problem.

Also, it opens in two stages, so if the small one doesn't do it for you, crack open the big one and have a real party.
backyard brewer

Post by backyard brewer »

I was using one of those for dog food and they were like $40 at Petco.

I have another type of pet-food storage container I use and I also use 5-G buckets. The Vittles Vaults are really nice though.
dhempy

Post by dhempy »

maltbarley wrote:
Rezzin wrote:"Seed 60+ lbs" for the 40# container so perhaps it holds an entire sack of grain?
Mine will be here tomorrow, so I can't confirm. But, I've heard that a 50# bag fits no problem.

Also, it opens in two stages, so if the small one doesn't do it for you, crack open the big one and have a real party.
Cool .. I'd like to see how they are stackable ...

Group buy .. group buy ...

Dan