Perlick Faucets

Oh yes! Everything you ever wanted to know about equipment or ask about equipment, this is the place to be! Share photos or ideas about equipment here.

Moderator: Post Moderators

maltbarley

Perlick Faucets

Post by maltbarley »

I'm looking to build a small jockey box and need two faucets but it looks like Perlick has a new faucet out that's cheaper than their standard forward seal faucets.

Has anyone used these or heard if they work as well as the older faucets?

Perl 525SS

http://www.perlick.com/pdf-files/Perlic ... DOM_SS.pdf

Older Faucet 425SS
kevinham

Re: Perlick Faucets

Post by kevinham »

As far as I can tell these are a replacement. I can't find the old forward sealing ones in their new catalog.

The new design has fewer internal parts.
http://www.perlick.com/pdf-files/Perlic ... DOM_SS.pdf
Kevin
lexuschris

Post by lexuschris »

I have one of the new faucets on my kegarator tower. So far it has worked perfectly. :happybeer:

I've never used the previous model, so no good comparissons, other than I agree with Kevin ... I think it is a replacement (and thus better right?!) of the previous edition.

I had also tried their new model with the 'creamer function' where you press back on the handle to add foam to a beer. That one, for whatever reason, always leaked a very small amount of beer throughout the day, although it was not supposed to. Like a tablespoon or two in 24-hours. Not horrible, but not good either. I returned it and swapped it for the new standard styel Perlick.
:cheers:

--LexusChris
"A woman drove me to drink, and I hadn't even the courtesy to thank her." – W.C. Fields
maltbarley

Post by maltbarley »

Thanks Chris, that's what I needed to hear. The difference, as far as I can tell, is that the new faucets don't have a shaft running down the bore of the faucet. Tha, is probably why they are cheaper.