AHA Club-Only Competition Extract Beers due 5-2-08

Old posts and such end up here. This forum is still visible.

Moderator: Post Moderators

spkrtoy

AHA Club-Only Competition Extract Beers due 5-2-08

Post by spkrtoy »

05/10/2008
AHA Club-Only Competition Extract Beers
Naperville, IL

Phone: (630) 479-1285
Entry Fee: One entry per club, $7 (make checks payable to AHA).
Entry Deadline: 05/02/2008
Cheers,
Lyn
Everybody has the right to be stupid. Some people abuse the privilege.

I hope life isn’t a big joke, because I don’t get it.
What I don't Know Far out weighs what I do.
bwarbiany

Post by bwarbiany »

What do you say we have a few people brew some beers for this one and pick the best to submit?

It seems like pretty much all of the club members are all-grain brewers, but my only recent extract batch (an IPA brewed for my brother-in-law, who had just started brewing) came out great, so I'll bet we can come up with something good.
Brad
jward

Post by jward »

I may have an entry for this. I plan to host a brew day for anyone from the mens group at church in March. I'll be doing an extract batch and an all grain batch that day.
bwarbiany

Post by bwarbiany »

I'll be doing an extract hefe on Mar 15, if it turns out well, I'll be happy to submit it.
Brad
kevinham

Post by kevinham »

Well if not many of you still do extract, I have that Black IPA fermenting still. Don't know how it will turn out (I think it should be pretty damn good), but it will be a while before it is done. I don't really know much about competitions though.
Kevin
Rezzin

Post by Rezzin »

kevinham wrote:Well if not many of you still do extract, I have that Black IPA fermenting still. Don't know how it will turn out (I think it should be pretty damn good), but it will be a while before it is done. I don't really know much about competitions though.
Be sure to bring a bottle over to Lyn's as he'll be sure you place it in the right category :) If anything, submitting your beers to a competition is a good way to get unbiased feedback on your beers and who knows, you might even place or take BOS! From my experience, it's kind of hit or miss on the quality of feedback you get. I've had some excellent feedback (descriptive comments on your beer and perhaps tips if they taste anything 'out of range') and I've also had some lousy feedback. For the most part though, I felt that the majority of feedback I've received has been pretty good and helpful.
Image New Brew Club, Free Photo hosting, Yeast Library, Forum
bwarbiany

Post by bwarbiany »

kevinham wrote:Well if not many of you still do extract, I have that Black IPA fermenting still. Don't know how it will turn out (I think it should be pretty damn good), but it will be a while before it is done. I don't really know much about competitions though.
We'll all be MORE than willing to help you evaluate it... Just bring us some! :lol:
Brad