Introduction

This is an open forum to discuss all things that just might be on your mind.

Moderators: Post Moderators, Cheers Moderator

Blackcomb

Introduction

Post by Blackcomb »

Just wanted to (finally) post and formally introduce myself to everyone who hasn't had the pleasure of meeting me yet. My name is Tim got into brewing quite by accident. I came home one day and my neighbor Dan (ArrogantDan) I had seen brewing and I struck up a conversation with him and we because fast friends. Come to find out another neighbor Jeremy brews as well. I helped Dan with his batches in the early days and we recently had another neighbor move in who is a home brewer and stopped by one day after seeing us outside. Quite the brew community we have! I also recently ran into JonW whom I found out was in a car club with me for Dodge/Chrysler years ago and the fun just keeps on coming!

Anyhow, it was my pleasure meeting you all the other day @ Out of the Park and I took everyone suggestions for my Moose Drool clone to heart and v2.0 should be kegged this weekend. I look forward to posting and getting impressions of it and posting here more in the future. To future batches, Prost!
JonW
Site Admin

Re: Introduction

Post by JonW »

Good to see you again Tim - not only at the BrewCommune meeting, but at the Spring Festival last weekend. Even without a Mopar, you're always welcome to come hang with the car club. :happybeer:

ps: Did you see maltbarley there? He came by for a bit.
Blackcomb

Post by Blackcomb »

I did not, but the event was a blast and you guys should be proud!
dhempy

Post by dhempy »

Welcome BlackComb ... glad to have you aboard.

Dan
lexuschris

Post by lexuschris »

Welcome aboard Tim!
:cheers:
--LexusChris
"A woman drove me to drink, and I hadn't even the courtesy to thank her." – W.C. Fields
maltbarley

Post by maltbarley »

Guys named Tim are the coolest. Welcome again. Now about that $20 sticker...
Blackcomb

Post by Blackcomb »

Wait a sec you said it was 60...:)
StarRaptor

Post by StarRaptor »

Welcome aboard the board 8)
Blackcomb

Post by Blackcomb »

I paid! Wooohooo! Time to snag some new brew equipment!
Brewfoo

Post by Brewfoo »

I'm Chad. Some people may already know me as Brewfoo from the AHP Message board. I've always heard of Brewcommune but never visited the site or attended a meeting until today. I'm here now under the recommendation of a few friends like nico soze who told me about the July meeting tonight which I plan to attend.

Once I saw the board and read some of the messages, I felt at home and joined as a paid member. I've re-entered homebrewing about 1 year ago and have only done about 20 extract batches. I started my first homebrewing experience over 12 years ago at Steinfillers in Long Beach when they were still on Viking Way. I picked up the hobby again to show my 12 year old son how a simple man can make beer. I was intimated because of the huge time lapse and all the forgotten knowledge over the years. Luckily, I found my old brew shop in Long Beach and before I knew it, I was brewing again.

This time around, I was blown away by the quality of malt extracts, and sanitizing chemicals (no rinse) available to me. I recalled the dark ages of using diluted bleach and having to rinse. It was one of the reasons I never wanted to start up again. I really just wanted my son to see the yeast swimming around like sea monkeys and to hopefully have a drinkable beverage at the end of the dad/son bonding experience. I've since met more than a handful of goodfellas in the homebrewing community who not only gave bitchin advice but told me about beers I should be trying.

StarRaptor allowed me to taste Surly and of course, Pliny. The rest is just too long of a story to tell in this one post. I love the hops. Not the bitterness of IPA's but the aroma and flavor of it which I never knew existed until I tried those beers. I am still chasing the "Hop Dragon." That hop flavor high I got in the homebrews I make. So, please beer with me and try my homebrews.
Beer....it's the new "water."
StarRaptor

Post by StarRaptor »

I know you
Last edited by StarRaptor on Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lexuschris

Post by lexuschris »

Good to have you aboard Chad!

Looking forward to meeting you tonight & sharing some beer!
:)
--LexusChris
"A woman drove me to drink, and I hadn't even the courtesy to thank her." – W.C. Fields
dhempy

Post by dhempy »

Welcome Chad!

Dan
maltbarley

Post by maltbarley »

Thanks for stopping by the meeting, Chad. That double wit was a lot of fun and I think I can still taste it. :happybeer: