wanted anybody have any beer bottles that they do not need

Old posts and such end up here. This forum is still visible.

Moderator: Post Moderators

huntfisher

wanted anybody have any beer bottles that they do not need

Post by huntfisher »

I may have a problem getting enough bottles for my second batch. Any places wherei can get them cheap, used.
Last edited by huntfisher on Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
backyard brewer

Post by backyard brewer »

PM spkrtoy and also hoppette. I think they both have quite a few.
maltbarley

Post by maltbarley »

You might think about bottling AND kegging too...

8 kegs, CO2, and 8 cases of bottles.
http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/for/790425661.html
huntfisher

Post by huntfisher »

I am too clumsy to be handling something that could explode, but I have been considering kegging.
maltbarley

Post by maltbarley »

You'll shoot yourself for not doing it sooner.

Of course, $300 may be a bit much for the appropriations committee (your significant other) to approve.
Last edited by maltbarley on Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
huntfisher

Post by huntfisher »

Money is a little tight too, but I am still happily unmarried.
bwarbiany

Post by bwarbiany »

How soon do you need them?
Brad
huntfisher

Post by huntfisher »

I am still going to browse to see if I could find someone a little bit closer, but it is not that bad if it lands when I go to cal Fullerton.I will need them in 2 or 3 weeks. I could pick them up anytime after next week finishes. This friday I am having some surgery, so won't be worth a damn for a week. But, if I do not find anyone, then these dates would be good.

I could pick them up on these, but am flexible. These dates time is not a factor.

August
23(sat(,24(sun),28,(thurs)

August 26 before 3pm

appreciate the help. BTW I got some fresh caught Oregon Lingcod and Snapper that has been commercially vacuumed packed
bwarbiany

Post by bwarbiany »

The reason I asked about times is that my bro-in-law (on the board under screen name DHoke) lives in Yorba Linda, so he's a lot closer to either Covina or Fullerton than I am, and that's where all our bottles are. I'm not sure of our current stock of bottles, but both he and I will be out in Vegas this weekend, so he wouldn't have been available to provide anything until after that time.
Brad
huntfisher

Post by huntfisher »

Ok, I thought the destination was laguna. That area is no problem. But, I could pick them up if he's got a stash to spare.

I am gonna send a message to ya.
supplyndmnd

Botttles

Post by supplyndmnd »

I'm in Irvine (on the border of Tustin) and have about 24 -22's if you want them they are all yours.

I've stopped bottling, kegging is soooo much easier! Let me know if you want them.

Ray
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin
spkrtoy

Post by spkrtoy »

I do have a lot of bottles, sorry to have missed your pm, been off board for a couple of weeks.
They're not 'pristine' which means they need to be cleaned and sanitized. I have some 12 oz from last years OC Fair comp which have been de-labled but have a sticker on them, otherwise I have boxes of 12's and 22's with labels on them. Your choice, freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

I too had some surgery 2 weeks ago, so I know how it goes with wanting and being able to do things.

my email is spkrtoy (at) hotmail (dot) com and it's the best way to contact me as my gmail account's been hijacked, so sorry if I've missed some of the club's emails, computer sh*t's been a hassle for these last few months.....

Take care,
Lyn